Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday.


This may seem silly, but I am sitting here at 11:00am, still drinking my first cup of coffee and yet to eat my morning bowel of oatmeal (yes I am starving), but today for some reason I have felt insanely attached to my baby boy! It is amazing how quickly he is changing and all of the new stuff he is doing, and for some reason I have been spending every second that I can exploring all of the new things he is exploring with him. Last night we laid out a big blanket (that nice orange one-thanks Steve and Sonia) on the living room floor and practiced rolling over with him. Colin was at one end, and I was at the other and we were cheering him on as he seemed completely confused by moving on his own. It's such a blessing to have him and I feel incredibly thankful for this month off with nothing to do but hang out with Archer and keep the house up. Quite honestly, it is getting me spoiled!

Oh yes, also last night after the rolling practice, Colin was giving Archer his bath. It seems Colin must have gotten it just warm enough to relax that little boy. Generally when he gets in the tub he INSTANTLY pees...which is always good for a laugh. Lately this little guy has taken to pooping about halfway through (good-bye sponge from Grandma Joe).

Archer is also HUGE! For a couple of days he got really..."thick" and then just grew about three inches over night. He now has completely outgrown all of his 0-3 month stuff, and is almost out of his 3-6 month clothing. Two nights ago during bath time Colin brought it pj's that didn't fit and thankfully we had a stash of 6 month pj's in the back of the closet. We pulled those out and they BARELY fit!!! I am getting anxious for his checkup next month to see how tall this guy is!

Ok, that is it for now, I need to hurry up and eat breakfast while Archer is napping!

Love the Kimbles.

1 comment:

grandma said...

What a sweetheart. I can't believe how big he has gotten. I love reading and seeing the pictures. I think he looks like you but you had more hair and black. No matter who he looks like he is a very handsome boy.
Love you,
Mom