Friday, May 15, 2009

baby boy...



Archer is awesome..and crawling, and laughing, and playing, and simply a JOY to be around!  Colin went away once for the weekend a few months ago and came home, scooped Archer up and said "this is joy, this is what life is about."  It was a moment that sank in for me, and made perfect sense.  Different things make different people happy and feel satisfied, but for the two of us nothing makes more sense than loving each other and being joyous parents to Archer (and whoever decides to follow him).

SO....two weeks of work down for mama (dad and Archie too).  I worked four days last week, and four days this past week-and now I am off for the weekend, back for Mon, Tues, and Fri, and then I will be switching over to nights!  HORRAY!  Archer has adjusted easily I think--he is home with his super cool dad all day!  The boys come to see me at work for lunch everyday-which also makes it easier!!!!  I am beyond thankful for Colin!!!!! Nothing like an understanding, supportive husband who makes sure the house is always clean, cooks dinner, and washes the dishes/tidies the kitchen at the end of the day!!!

Archer, oh Archer, apparently kids are like wine--finer with age.  I think we love him more daily...seriously.  Just when you think there is no way I could love this kid anymore, you wake up the next morning and see his awesome smile...and love him even more!!!  It is times like that that I wonder how people can ignore the fact that surely there must be something greater than just us humans wandering around...I'm not sure how people can take credit for the greatest that little babies are!!!  You could call it chance..but Archer is way better than "chance" in our book!

I have so much more to write, but this is my first moment of absolute silence in quite sometime, so I think I am going to snuggle up with a book!!!

Love to all.
The Kimbles


No comments: