Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Beach...

Pictures are coming soon but for now..

WE HAD A BLAST AT THE BEACH.  Archer is insane---and there is so much love in our little family--it is often very tempting to say one is fun and enough because things run sooo smoothly with the three of us; but what fun would only one be?!? BRING EM ON!

We left our house on Saturday and went to Mandeville for Halloween...so fun!!!  Archer and his cousin Brody rode together in the wagon with cousins Brooks and Harper close behind in their twin stroller.  We went to about 10 houses before coming back.  We then went to Colin's parents to sleep and I cannot tell you the last time (if ever..) Archer has slept in a room without us that was not his own.  Therefore, at 1am when he woke up screaming in the guest room across the house I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was, I actually rolled over and asked Colin what I should do.  An hour later (and after trying anything to soothe him) I relented and brought him into bed with us---this is how bad habits are formed I am sure.  Needless to say, I put him between Colin and I in the dark room and he reached up and touched me and said "mama" then reached up and touched Colin and said "dada"...and he was out!  We lost an hour of sleep (time change) and then at 6am buddy boy was up!  Colin was awesome and got up with him and suddenly I remembered the tired of having a newborn, but BOY WAS THAT MOMENT SWEET!!!

I eventually got up around 8am, had some coffee, and we hit the road.  Archer played in the car for about 30 minutes and then fell asleep for 3.5 hours, woke up and we were there!!!  We checked in and hit the beach.  We spent the next two days that way, sand, food, playing, swimming, etc.  On Saturday night we were watching the Phillies play and Archer was walking around saying, "Phiwee" and "baball" it was adorable.  Oh, my friend Ellen made a list of all of the words her daughter Eliza was saying, so I decided to do the same seeing as I am sure someday Archer will wonder what he was saying by the time he was 13.5 months old ;)  Here it is: Dog, doggy, dada, daddy, mama, kitty, apple, ball, shoes, socks, baseball, phillies, bike, book, bite, night night, up, baby, keys, that, ba ba, beep beep (while grabbing my nose), and hat.  Pretty impressive!

There were so many awesome moments the three of us had on the trip---but they all just sort of become happiness and not a clear definable memory.  I am a blessed lady with an amazing family for which I am beyond grateful for. 

That's all for now...I am in a comalikeexhaustionstate.  Oh, I did learn today that irregardless really isn't a word, disappointing because I really enjoy using it!

Love the beach exhausted/vacation is never really relaxing Kimbles

1 comment:

SollTree said...

What a sweet entry on your blog! I loved it! Glad your sweet family of 3 had so much fun!!