Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wow...

I am beyond shocked at my lack of blogging lately! We haven't had a computer since November...and well without a computer it's tough to blog! I can do almost every other function on my fancy iphone, but taking the time to blog almost makes me hate blogging-which isn't desirable! My in-laws are out of town for the week so I would like to attempt an update, at least for the next couple of days. I'm a super duper computer snob---and wont settle for anything other than a mac...which has left us without. Colin wants to run off and buy a $300 computer to get us by until we can afford to get a new mac (with all of the things that come along with purchasing a house...a computer doesn't rank terribly high sadly..and our money seems to be being pulled everywhere) but I'm so stubborn and snobbish that I cannot stand the idea of doing that. Here we sit, computerless!

Here is the problem with taking so long between blogs....so.much.has.changed! Our boys are new people...it's incredible to me how quickly all of the cliche things become your reality once you have kids...TIME FLIES---THEY CHANGE OVERNIGHT! And it's true! They honestly, honestly do!

Archer is a nonstop chatty cathy. He wants to know "why" everything is what it is, and exactly how things work. He is by my side the entire day, unless he is napping. He wants to help with anything and everything I am doing...which generally makes everything take a greater amount of time, energy, and usually some sort of a mess results. So be it, gone are the days of losing my patience because of the things I WANT (simple tasks, clean house..etc). I have started a homeschool cirriculum with Archer during Holden's 2 hour morning nap on the days Archer doesn't have a scheduled activity. I'm not sure which route we will go down as far as schooling goes. I would love to homeschool Archer...but I see his little social self and I also have so many great memories from school and really loved it (as did Colin). We are attempting to find a happy medium and for now I want to be sure Archer learns the basics and feels like a confident learner...if that makes sense. I would love to keep him home until he has a handle on the basics concepts and will be able to go into the classroom and keep up/excel. My older brother had a terrible time all throughout school and really hated it...I really wouldn't be able to see my boys struggle that way.

What else Archie?!?! He is amazing, funny, and sweet. I would say 90% of the time he is eager to please and super easy to get along with. We did go through a couple of months of roughness which involved lots of "mine" and "NO" and things you really hope never surface....but there they were. It took a tireless amount of consistency for him to realize it just wasn't going to go his way, and that wasn't a way he would ever be allowed to act. The funny thing about it was how almost...natural..it seemed. It was like a right of passage, like he hated doing it,but in order to be sure we really wouldn't let him be a terror...he had to continue to try it out! We have agreed upon a "no spanking" policy for various reasons---and thankfully we haven't found ourselves in a situation where we felt the need to do so. i know it's such a tricky topic---especially amongst my christian friends, but I promise we have talked, prayed, thought about, read about, etc until I almost lost my mind, and this is where we landed.

Holden...dear me my sweet little Holden! Pure joy. Pure happiness. He is sunshine...I sort of mean that. He smiles all day long and is happy being carted around doing whatever it is Archer and I pick to do for the day. What a flexible and mellow guy!!! Another cliche parenting thing..you really dont think you can love another like you love your first-and then you have your second! It is insane the way i love Holden, and it even shocks me how different the love is. I am madly in love with both of my boys, and in love with them in such a different way! Holden still isn't sleeping great, but his pleasantness all day sort of makes up for that...sort of! :) I do long for the day when I can again sleep all night, but for now my sweet interruptions (as long as they aren't too frequent) are pretty darn sweet.

House; we are buying a house. Will write more on that after Monday.

What else...hmmm, haha, see! Dont let yourself ever do this long without blogging!!!

Ok, Im going to wrap this up with high hopes to blog more tomorrow!

-the never blogging mama kimble

No comments: