Friday, January 2, 2009

I feel a LONG blog coming on...






Happy New Year!!!  We just returned last night from my mother and father in laws after staying for 5 days.  It is always so nice to be there and this time Colin's brother and sister in law from Salt Lake City (Mark and Lauren) were in town.  It was a very nice almost week of hanging out and baby passing.  Much to our surprise shortly after we arrived at my in laws on Monday night we found out that Mark and Lauren were expecting a baby in August!  This means my mother and father in law will  have 5 grandchildren in 18 months!  VERY IMPRESSIVE!  We are so excited about the twins arrival in June/July and now Mark and Lauren's bundle in August-Archer is very lucky to have so many cousins so close in age-family gatherings are going to be lots of fun for the Kimble clan!

In other news, we spent the first day and a half at the in laws battling Archer and his dislike for any interruption in his daily routine...finally after Colin paced around the backyard for 30 minutes with a SCREAMING baby in the backyard (see attached picture of Colin with headphones on) my mother in law said, "what if you just lay him down when he is sleepy?"  In my mind I thought...please-and then have the screaming get LOUDER!  Silly me...I had been under the impression that I either nurse him until he is about to fall asleep or walk around/bouncing/patting him until he is almost sleeping before putting him in his crib....ops!  So, Colin says I'm doing it and off he went to put Archer in his pack and play.  THERE WAS NOT A PEEP!!!  Archer quickly went to sleep.  We then continued doing that for the past three days anytime we see Archer start to yawn/rub eyes/start to fuss and every time it ends the same-NO FUSSING as Archer sucks his little hand and drifts off to sleep!  Needless to say, our lives have transformed-and thank goodness for the little push from my mother in law (who is not pushy at all).  Ahhhh....a peaceful sleeping baby-my days are now spent being productive instead of spending hours trying to convince Archer that what he is feeling is tired and he should sleep (all the while he was thinking....I know-now put me down so I can do it!)

Let's see, oh yes, like amazing first time parents we have not a single picture of Archer from Christmas day...however, we do have the entire morning on film so that counts for something I suppose :)

One last thing before closing...this morning when Archer woke up-babbling and happy like he has been for the past week-I was suddenly in tears.  Looking at this beautiful little boy who has changed our lives, relationship (for the better), and our way of seeing things, is suddenly so big.  He wakes up happy and not needing us immediately, nurses quickly (10 minutes compared to the usual 30), before deciding he is finished and ready to play.  He now grabs and holds his toys-even bringing them to his mouth.  He talks and plays and ROLLS from his tummy to his back.  SO-here I was looking down at this AMAZING gift that we have been blessed with when I realized he is almost four months old-and has changed so much!  I then started thinking about his first time walking/first day of school/wedding day....and decided it was time to quickly distract myself by unloading the dish washer!  All of this to say, we feel incredibly blessed and we are AMAZED at how quickly Archer is growing and changing!  

I have attached lots of pictures...

We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and we wish you a very happy new year!
Love the Kimbles

1 comment:

Cassie said...

It stinks huh!?!? Wait until they are almost 4 and say they don't need you anymore! Or 18 months old is way too old for her mommy to be helping her!! Maybe I just have snotty girls and your little angel will be better! :) HA HA! :)