Friday, August 14, 2009

Work Smerk...

I feel like lately life has been all work, no play!!! Somehow the measley three shifts/week I have to put in seem to be a hassle as of late. Thank goodness there are only 8 more months of this madness, and then back to mommyhood!!! I cannot imagine how amazing that is going to feel! Put in my one shift/week and spend the rest of the time doing all of the things I cannot while working (like having a clean house, cooking dinner...being a domestic diva basically..)

Archer is sweeter by the day (and more work too). He seems to be talking a ton--the other day I was cooking and he leaned against the oven and I said sternly, "Oh no, that's HOT." Everytime he got near it I made the same concerned mom face and said "hot buddy." Archer then started to tempt fate and hang out close to the oven saying "aut, aut." Interesting and didn't work the way I had intended, the same thing happened with "uh-oh." One toy fell sopping wet from the bathtub and I muttered "uh-oh" and then suddenly every toy from the tub was laying sopping wet next to me on the floor with a very cute little boy saying "ut ut" as they fell...this also seems to be a favorite while eating dinner and while playing in the baby pool.

It seems I was a poor birthday party planner already! I planned the party for the day after his birthday(Sept. 19th), but apparently missed the step where you talk to the people you really would like to be in attendence and make sure their schedule is free---sadly Archer's girlfriend Eliza and our friends-her parents-are unable to attend, along with our dear friends Andrew (Archer's buddy) and Lauren and Drew. I'm pretty sure Grandpa Keith and Grandma Kathy are unable to come (vacation) BUT on the up side, my dad is going to attempt to come, along with a dear friend from Spokane, and my frient Tyne from Iowa/Philadelphia/Wisconsin. You know your kid is awesome when people not only drive, but FLY to his birthday party!!!

I should have mentioned this before, I do LOVE my job---I honestly do! But I would be very content doing this one night/week instead of three... :)

Oh yes, we have fully converted to cloth diapers. We should have done this from the start (ok, maybe disposable until we got through up all night/really tired/baby pooping 12 times daily...) BUT it is very, very, VERY easy--not to mention all of the other benefits!!! No leaks..ever, and Archer looks cute in his colorful dipes! Thank goodness they are one size fits all--so when the next Kimble comes along we will have a stockade of diapers ready and waiting for FREE! I suppose Archer will have to use the potty because his baby sister or brother will need his diapers (hmm..I think rule number one of potty training is not to force the issue...this is an expensive problem). Perhaps it will be awhile before we add another baby to this brood. ;)

We are waiting soooo patiently for the weather to cool down! Right now our afternoon activity consists of a mall playground or soaking in the swimming pool in the backyard. We long for the days we can go on bike rides, to the park, or take our peaceful afternoon walks (without me worrying about having a dehydrated baby).

Oh, watch the movie "The Duchess" whoever happens to be reading this..who does read this?!?! It was a fairly good movie---at least we enjoyed it.

Alright, back to work for this mama. Hurry up 7am!!! I need to see my boys!

1 comment:

SollTree said...

I read this!! :) Love you!