Thursday, October 29, 2009

A brief moment...

I have a quick moment to type out a few things--so here I go!

Archer and I had the privelege to babysit for Eliza for a couple of hours the other day while Ellen ran to a Dr. appt--we had a blast! It was crazy because Archer and Eliza really played together--ok, not together, but would follow each other from room to room and toy to toy!!! It made me really want to throw a sibling in there for Archer!

Archer is amazing...I feel like I always say that---but he is becoming a wonderfully fun toddler! I can now ask him to come with me around the house while I clean and he is proving to be somewhat helpful, for example-he will open and close the dryer repeatedly while I am loading it with wet clothes. He also helps put various things away---which has led to my cell phone being lost most of the time--he likes to put it in his dresser drawers or toybox! It really is fun though to say, "come help mama make the bed" and he will toddle behind me and pull on the sheets (or play on the pillows). I am soooo looking forward to the 2's and 3's---and lately I have been incredibly nostalgic about it. It seems like lots of our friends are having babies right now and sometimes I think about how wonderful this time is-and how happy we all seem--and I think "this is the time of our lives." While I work I often talk to patients about Archer and everyone offers the same advice, "It's the most amazing thing and it flies by." So now more than ever I am really trying to live this up! Teary eyed thinking about my babe going away!!! People keep asking when I am going to wean...and the answer is simple--when we are ready! There are days where I am beyond ready and just want my body back--but I remember, this isn't going to last forever and when it's over I know I am going to miss it.

Ok, back to work.

Love the Kimbles.

No comments: