Sunday, October 12, 2008

First of many...hopefully...


Hello to anyone reading our new family blog. Hopefully this will be the first of many posts...

Basically our goal is to try to keep everyone updated seeing as we are all spread out. My goal is to update once a week, or at least every other week with pictures of the little guy and the happenings. I was sending out emails before, but this seems like a no brainer way to keep everyone updated at once.

For today...it amazes me how much our lives have changed, and how it seems like FOREVER since Archer's arrival. I suppose that one sleepless night just kind of blurs into the next making our days twice as long. We actually really should not complain, this little guy likes to "tank up" from about 5pm (sorry daddy-the second he gets home we have a fussy/hungry little boy) to around 10pm and then he usually gets his last feeding around 11pm or 12am before falling asleep until around 5am..sometimes even 6am. HOPEFULLY I DID NOT JUST JINX US!! He then wakes up and thinks he needs to be fed for three hours to make up for all of that sleeping, but we are working on this :)

It's strange, you always hear people saying, "I just cannot remember what life was like before he/she got here...." and thinking about it, I remember, I just can't seem to imagine that at this point. I would love to say that having a newborn around is enjoyable...but I think that would be the wrong word to use, don't get me wrong I am beyond OBSESSED with my son, but it is proving to be a sufficient amount of work! We are looking forward to the days where he will laugh and be interactive...only to remind ourselves and one another that we will miss the little snuggly bundle we have now and to slow down and simply enjoy this beautiful creation!

Archer has really taken to his daddy...he looks and looks at him, and also gave him his very first smile, a big happy grin. He continues to smile often at daddy, and thinks that he is super (while I get emotional watching my son stare at his amazing father). Anytime that I attempt to interrupt and try to get Archer to smile at me, he seems to remember that he is hungry....

That's it for now, I have to get back to studying for my exam on Tuesday (please keep this in your prayers-as I took my second of three tests a week after Archer's arrival and did not score as well as I should/could have, which puts a whole lot of pressure on this third exam). No pressure or anything :)

Also, this could be an inspiration for some of you to also start your own blogspot... hint, HINT!

Love the Kimbles.

2 comments:

grandma said...

What a great idea. You are so creative. Good luck on your exam, I know you will do great! Give my gbaby a kiss for me. Love you all.
Grandma

Fine Lawns said...

omg! what a gr8 idea! luv the saints outfits (lol)! check out my blog: mynephewsdadisgay.blogspit.net.

(Seriously: can't wait to see you guys and meet the little one.)