Thursday, October 23, 2008

the man of many talents...

Hello family and friends...

Things here have been crazy. I have some pretty dismal news, I did not pass my last class. I feel horrible about that, I ended up getting a 77.6% and in nursing school you need at least a 79.5%. I had enrolled in the class thinking that I would be able to complete two tests (out of three) by the time the little guy got here, but Gustav came and school was closed for two weeks, which left me taking a test a week after Archer was born (and obviously not scoring the best). All of this to say, we will be in Baton Rouge longer than expected because I will need to complete the class I am in right now, which is OB, and then re-take the class I did not pass (AND make up the 120 clinical hours I had already completed 9 months pregnant-doing 12 hour night/weekend shifts--yehaw). I am determined though, and I will make this work!!!

In other news, Archer continues to grow and surprise us daily with new fun things. Two nights ago he was wide awake and Colin and I were talking to him when he just started smiling and cooing back...which makes your heart melt with joy!!! It's so nice now to see him smile at us and to coo at us letting us know he is indeed happy! Today I also put him under his playmat and he spent some time cooing at his toys and unintentionally batting at them with his hands-which Colin wonders..will he ever be able to control them? We have also started to "Babywise" Archer...almost unwillingly-but we are doing it nonetheless. This basically means he can eat every 2 1/2 hours-but not before that...which makes for a fussy angry guy who was used to being at the mom buffet all day. We started for real on Monday (had some attempts before that) and I am pleased to say, it work like CLOCKWORK! He wakes from a nap, eats for about 20 min., is awake and plays for about 45 minutes, then gets fussy and falls asleep for the duration. Very nice!!!

Colin is starting to have better days at work, he has a caseload of about 50 kids that he has to chase around and have meetings with. It keeps him pretty busy, between chasing kids and going to their court hearing-and typing up dispositions. He asked his boss if he could change his one hour lunch break to 30 minutes in order to get off at 4:30pm and beat the nasty 5pm traffic, which has been really nice for both of us! I love him getting home that tiny bit earlier and he comes home much less stressed out!

Well, that's all for now, I am attaching a little video of the guy on the move (I apologize for my annoying baby talk-but I was attempting a coo or smile for you to see). He pulls out almost all of his tricks-from sneezing, to yawning, to a small coo, and a half smile...sorry guys he is still working on it!

Love to everyone.
The very sleep deprived Kimbles

No comments: